Friday, March 28, 2008

Moving?

It is with mixed emotions that I write this. We are thinking about selling our place, and looking for a single family home in this area. It is fun to look at newer homes with nicer things, more land, etc. But part of me is sad because that means that we will not be moving closer to my family any time soon. This is probably pretty selfish of me to feel that way. John is really happy at work, and not many people can say that. I also have his family and great friends here.
And then I think about Abraham, who was asked by God to leave his home and go to a strange place called Ur. He did it without hesitation. I pray that I have the same obedience to the Lord that he did. I pray that to move or not to move is all within God's will.

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

I know your heart here. I know the feeling exactly. :)