Saturday, July 10, 2010

John's baptism

John's first post:
The desire to be baptized has been impressed upon me for past few years. I needed to do this because for years my heart had grown cold and unresponsive towards Him. I was not growing closer to Him and I was perfectly comfortable being an undercover Christian out in the world. Thank God for His patience and forgiveness because Jesus has called me back into a growing, personal relationship. Even though I was saved and baptized when I was very young, I felt the need to obey this command as an adult. I wanted to stand in the water as a man, knowing what I was saying, and be publicly identified with Jesus the Christ. He has paid my penalty on the cross, forgiven my sins, given me everlasting life and the Holy Spirit. I have never been more satisfied with life and excited to live every moment for Jesus. I owe Him my all and want to be held accountable. Thanks to all who were able to come to this event in my walk with Him on June 19th. I will never forget the day.


No comments: